There are no adults, just older children.

9:30:00 PM

Photo by GaborfromHungary from morguefile.com

To be honest, kids are dicks (pardon me), so are Adults. I really believe that Adults are just like children (look at the Internet, people bicker so much like annoying children that know how to use long words), they are just a bit older and have more responsibilities. 

One thing I hate, is that children put adults on a pedestal, they are seen as all-knowing and wise like they got their shit together, and to be frank, adults don't know shit, they are messes (says a teenage boy.). They just fake it quite well.

Once I saw a child ask an adult how to spell the word ‘Geese’, the adult just pulled out their phone and looked for it on Google (technology is taking over!)

I myself know I don't have my shit together. I just hide behind an awkward smile and walk away so I don't get found out. But from what I've seen in my short life, most people don't know what they are doing. They just wing it. The day I figured that out, everything made sense to me.

All the stupid and crazy stuff people do every day, it is because so many people just don't grow up. All of the constant intentional ignorance, all the pussyfooting, all the insulting name calling, all that jazz.

Why does this happen?

It's because we are human. We don't want to grow up.

Growing up is difficult, it requires one to be open to new ideas. Even ones that contradict our own. Also, it needs us to be exposed to all these things, these disturbances of our thought processes. People often automatically reject anything that doesn't align with their beliefs, doing the opposite is difficult because it is not out nature. We don't accept things easily, we like being right.

Still, there are people who are willing to do this. Willing to be exposed to all these ideas and opinions, to learn and grow. Rather than stay in some sort of safe space where they don't listen to anything. Maturity is something quite important to functioning as an adult. If you don't have it, it can cause problems for everyone involved.

On a lighter note, don't you people notice that kids are really just drunk adults? Like when an adult is drunk, they do stupid stuff, they throw tantrums, they can be super needy, name-calling and a whole slew of  other things. Does this mean that this is what our human minds default to? Does this mean that we all are doing things counter to our natural instinct?

I honestly think that most adults are still children, they just learn habits to hide it. In some cases, some people don't even do anything to try and hide it.

I have seen far too many adults that are immature and who don't seem to think about what they do, and all of the consequences that are attached to them. Full on adults are on the internet spouting so much bull, some make threats, some insult, some make full on blog posts full of false allegations, some send revenge nude to their partner's son who is a minor.

Of course, some of these people face the consequences for these things. Some lose their jobs, some go to jail.

I hope that I never happen to me. I don't want to become someone who operates solely on my unrelenting animalistic instinct. Someone who has no rational thought, no thinking. 
But there's nothing too much wrong with being a slight child once in a while. Being mature and being responsible is hard. It takes all of a person's energy. So I say, you can still be a child, you can still relax and just play around. As long as you don't hurt anyone in the process. That's what being a good person right? Living life well, making sure your own needs are fulfilled while also making a good change in the world. 
On a lighter note, why not read something I wrote about Kissing? Or is you want to read more of my internal thoughts that I shouldn't be having at this age, look around at deep thoughts. Anyway, tah-tah! Try ta survive out there! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Something Important(ish)

HAVE A NICE DAYYYY.